The Bangalore hackfest and the 3.0 release diverted my blogging to other topics, but I hope my posts have still given a good idea of what I’ve been doing for the GNOME marketing contract. Needless to say, the release was a very busy for marketing. As soon as I arrived home from Bangalore, I was working hard to get the final pieces in place: creating screenshots, working on the new web site, writing news posts and the other pieces of text that we needed. In the end, I was very pleased with the release itself. I was particularly happy that we made the Twitter front page!
That brings us to last week:
- Did some website organisation work: set down some next steps for our websites and started an accounts policy for the new Word Press installation (these tasks are ongoing).
- Contributed to a debrief page for the 3.0 release.
- Wrapped up some things from GNOME.Asia, including writing a quote for the press release.
- Rewrote parts of the text on http://www.gnome.org that needed improving.
- Corresponded with press contacts.
With three weeks left on the contract, there is still much to do and me and Sumana have been discussing our plans on the marketing list. This week, I will be working on a post about GNOME 3, finishing up the release parties photo competition, and working to better organise our marketing materials.